Monday, January 10, 2005

Sex, Death and Flyfishing

Calm down, it's a book. Why am I writing about a book? Some of my friends and I are always e-mailing each other with recommendations on books that we have read or are reading. This is one of mine that I just recently finished. Who cares? Apparently one of my fans (cough). It/he/she wanted to know just what it was that I read. There were some mentions of Mien Kampf and others. As a matter of fact I have read that and somewhere I have a copy of Mao's "Little Red Book". Madeline Murray-O'Hair always had a bible too. One must know thine enemies as well or better than thy friends.

The book which started this post is excellent and since I am a flyfishing fanatic (you don't have to be good to be a fanatic do ya?) I thought that would be a good place to start about my reading habits. I might have what some would call an ecletic reading list and interests. Next on my "to-do" list is Born Fighting: How the Scots-Irish Shaped America . Just finished a Tom Clancy non-fiction with Gen. Carl Stiner about the growth and maturity of our Special Forces, Shadow Warriors.

I know that this is an admission that will have world changing ramifications but I also read newspapers and OMG blogs. OK, now that I have outed myself, I feel better.