Bozone:The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future. Thanks to the Washington Post for this new word. Another word coined by the WaPo is Ignoranus: A person (or Government/Organization -ed)who's both stupid and an asshole.
For my list of those that qualify for this distinction I humbly submit the following:
- The French and Jacque Chirac that thinks France is or ever was a world power. The voters of France who back a dishonest, duplicitous government that can obviously be bought and sold, to and by, the highest bidder. "Dictators Good, Democracies Bad".
- Again the French for thinking that America really gives a rats ass whether they like us. We don't like you either. "France and the American friendship is and will continue to be a long lasting relationship. France will always be there when they need us. " You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it." —John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona
- The UN still thinks they are relevent and Koffi Annan is an honest broker for world peace. 50 Democracies among 191 nations do not a "Human Rights and Protector of the Common Man Organization" make. Any organization that can put Libya, Syria, Yemen and other despotic regimes on the Human Rights Committee is a joke. Every "Peace Keeping" job they have taken on has been a disaster. And Darfur is basically ignored or "mediated" while thousands die. I challenge anybody to tell me of a UN success story and keep a straight face.
- IAEA is a total joke as was the inspection regime of Blix and company.
- Spain and others who believe that if you will just make nice and do what the terrorists ask, they will leave you alone and just pick on the Zionist pigs.
- The Dutch who abhor the killing of a film producer by an islamic fanatic and are cracking down on muslims and immigration while condoning euthanasia for convienience and not mercy,the eugenics practiced by the Third Reich and condemned by the world 60 years ago. Kill a Van Gogh=Bad, kill handicapped infants, children and the aged=Good.
- The new NATO Commander who wants more help from the French and Germans to train Iraqi troops. The French? "Going into a battle without the French is like going deer hunting without your accordion"... Norman Schwarzkopf. ""I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." —General George S. Patton. "As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure." —Jacques Chirac, President of France...An old saying: Raise your right hand if you like the French.... Raise both hands if you are French.
- Ones who believe we should pass a global test administered by the UN Security Council before acting in self-defense. Tell that to someone who has a gun pointed at them by a madman. Is it loaded? Is it a real gun? Do I wait for him to shoot before I react? Do I call a committee meeting to let those who are safe inside decide what I should do? Call the ICRC, ACLU and Human Rights Watch plus Amnesty International? Gee, what a quandry.
- Various members of both political parties but that will need a brand new post.
I have a much bigger list of those in the bozone but will leave those for another time. I would like to say however, that those with cojones like Britain, Australia, Poland, Italy and others from the old Eastern block and Asia....Thank you for being a friend indeed and not just a friend in need.