Friday, April 27, 2007

John Murtha hits bottom, still digging... Upated

The Abscam scum has reached new lows. Not only does he call the troops "cold blooded killers" with no proof and prior to the investigation, now he come out with this.

From Congress Daily PM [subscription link]:

“Look, these guys have lied to us so much, I've even lost confidence in the military,” said Murtha, a retired Marine colonel with ties to the Pentagon.

Compare this to John Murtha, who in 1974, on the floor of the House said:

As a combat veteran, I want to repeat to the Members who are here that I know I complained on the floor recently that I felt that the criticism at home, in and outside Congress, hurt the war effort. I still believe that very strongly

and then said this:

I too believe the North Vietnamese read the CONGRESSIONAL RECORD. According to Page Robinson, they certainly knew of the antiwar speeches that were made before.
(H/T Gateway Pundit and Redstate. }

UPDATE...The "cold blooded murderers" as it turns out may be innocent after all and Murtha could be in some deep shit because of the investigation. Curt at Flopping Aces has the scoop and an extensive, link filled post about the "Haditha Hoax".